We were the Pioneer Places programme co-ordinator providing:
- Overall project management.
- Green Deal marketing and promotional activity.
- Coordination of domestic and non-domestic Green Deal surveys.
- Advice/training to local trades and the council planning, building control and housing teams.
The services we provided for the Pioneer Places project included:
- 800 ‘doorstep’ energy efficiency surveys.
- 200 full Green Deal advice reports.
- 20 non-domestic Green Deal surveys.
- The opening of five new ‘green’ showhomes.
- Promotion of Green Deal including a series of local events, press activity and thedevelopment of a dedicated .
- Advice to 30 trades on Green Deal.
- Green Deal upskilling workshops for planners, building control and housing officers.
- Advice to further education colleges on setting up installer courses.
The project helped to inspire action among local residents and business owners to retrofit inefficient properties, thereby helping to reduce energy bills at no upfront cost.
We found that, on average, those people who had a Green Deal Assessment through the Pioneer Places project could save £258 a year on their energy bills by carrying out the recommended measures and improve their home’s EPC rating from an average of 60 (band D) to 82 (band B).
For the Foundation, the programme provided us with a platform to advance our knowledge on the benefits and issues around Green Deal including the assessment process, attitudes towards energy retrofit and the testing of public/business engagement strategies.
A copy or our full report on the Pioneer Places project is available here.