Aqua Zumba has arrived in Darwin. For those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about this is the original version of Zumba
Aqua Zumba is pretty much exactly the same as the dry version except you have to do these dance moves shoulder deep in water. If anything it gave me an hour of laughter.
The pros and cons of Aqua Zumba:
* No one can really see what you are doing under the water so there is no need to worry about looking like a dickhead ( well not much anyway)
* The water takes the strain off your joints and has the added bonus of making you feel about 20kgs lighter
*You don’t sweat
* If you don’t know the moves you can just tread water and the instructor cant tell the difference
* It’s not much of a workout – I actually felt a bit guilty at how easy it was . I now have to go for a 4km walk to feel better about this.
* The fact that the water makes you feel 20kgs lighter also means its extremely difficult to keep your feet on the floor of the pool … and your legs will not go where you want them to.
* If you need to use the ladies room while the class is going it means you have to get out of the water into the wind which is freezing (I know I’m in Darwin but it was cold for me !) and walk all the way to the other side of the pool to get there then by the time you are done and have walked all the way back your kinda over the idea of getting back in the pool especially since you just passed the kiosk and the smell of coffee …….
* You become entertainment for every tourist walking along the Darwin waterfront. I swear by the time we were done we had 20 people gathered at the fence .. I felt like a fucking seal.
So that sums up my experience of Aqua Zumba .. Not much of a workout but entertainment for all involved.